Friday, May 01, 2009


I was sitting at my desk yesterday and I received a call from my friend, Mark Potter.  Mark's wife, Elizabeth, was called to plant and pastor a church in mid-town Kansas City in the 90's.  Fatima and I were a part of the core and associate pastors, and later became senior pastors there a few years later.   Mark, Elizabeth, Kate, Megan and Ayleen live in Napa, CA today. 

  Mark said, "Hey what are you doing for lunch today?"  My mind began thinking what he was planning.  Was he driving through town or already in town.  So I said, "Nothing that I know of.  What do you have in mind?"

  Mark replied, "Well, I'm going to hop in my plane and fly to see you and have lunch.  I'll be there in about and hour and a half.  Can you pick me up at the airport?"  So I did.  We went to lunch, spent an hour in coversation and I took him back to his plane.  And off he went!

How extravagent!  What a great friend and what a treat he gave me.  Thanks, Mark. 

2 comments:

Jenna Jill said...

I gotta say that is really cool. Extraordinary!

hberciunas said...

miss you all here in KC area. The vision still lives moving west. Not as far as Ca. for me and Rebecca - but Lawrence is a beautiful place that only lacks the Feltons, the Potters, and some others from Hope Center.

Grace and Peace,
harold.