Wednesday, April 01, 2009


Right Brain Left Brain (revisited)

  At the right you see a picture of a woman.  Click here to see an animated version of the same woman.  Which way is she spinning?  It's  trick question, because your brain can allow you to see her spinning either clockwise or counter-clockwise, depending on which hemisphere you are accessing to view her.  

  If you see her spinning clockwise, you are accessing the right side of your brain.  If she is spinning counter-clockwise, then you are processing the image through the left side of your brain.  Personally, I find that I can see her spinning in either direction.  At this point I'm not sure why or how I do it, but I do.

  If you're interested in taking a simple test to see which side of your brain is more dominant, click here or here.

6 comments:

Jenna Jill said...

Uhh ohh! I scored 0 questions for right brained, and 18 questions for left brained. Ha ha ha! Just like my daddy. :)

Jenna Jill said...

But I can only see the woman turning clockwise. Very interesting.

Brian Postlewait said...

I can see her turning both ways, however, I score 12 of 15 weighted towards the Right brain on the quiz.

jsusnme said...

Okay this played with me. Before reading the post, the girl spun clockwise, but her foot didn't fit; it was tweaked. So, as I was reading the note, I saw her backside and the foot fit. So though I can see her going both ways, her foot only fits counter-clockwise. Ha. I tested 8 for right and 10 for left. Thanx Steve, this was fun.

Lorie Metz said...

The test showed i scored a 7 using the right side of my brain and a 11 for using the left side. The woman spins in both directions for me.

Jenna Jill said...

Okay so something is wrong with the first test because no matter what I mark for the answers, it comes out zero for the right brain, and 18 for the left. Even when I changed my answers. I had Isi take it and it said the same thing, so I am CERTAIN something is stuck. Maybe I'm not so lopsided after all.